Mechanical Engineering Department
Address: F-4, Academic Block A
Areas of Research
Computational mechanics, Fluid-structure interaction, Bio-inspired fluid dynamics, and Passive flow control
- PhD. Institute for Computational Mechanics, Technical University of Munich, Germany
- MS. Department of Applied mechanics, Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- B.E. Aeronautical Engineering, Anna University, India
- Postdoctoral researcher in Linne FLOW centre, KTH Mechanics (April 2016-March 2018)
- Scientist/Engineer 'SC', Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) (Feb. 2010-Feb. 2011)
- Y. Sudhakar, A. Sommariva, M. Vianello, W.A. Wall, On the use of compressed polyhedral quadrature formulas in embedded interface methods, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing:39 (2017) B571–B587.
- Y. Sudhakar, J.P.M. de Almeida, W.A. Wall, An accurate, robust, and easy-to-implement method for integration over arbitrary polyhedra: Application to embedded interface methods, Journal of Computational Physics:273 (2014) 393–415.
- Y. Sudhakar, S. Vengadesan, Flight force production by flapping insect wings in inclined stroke plane hovering, Computers and Fluids:39 (2010) 683–695.
Recognition and Awards
- Ramanujan fellowship from SERB (Since Nov. 2018)
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie individual fellowship from European commission (April 2016-March 2018)
- Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher fellowship awarded by the European Commission (Mar.2011-Dec.2013)