Mechanical Engineering Department
Address: Admin Block, IIT Goa
Areas of Research
Computational mechanics, Fluid-structure interaction, Bio-inspired fluid dynamics, and Passive flow control
- PhD. Institute for Computational Mechanics, Technical University of Munich, Germany
- MS. Department of Applied mechanics, Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- B.E. Aeronautical Engineering, Anna University, India
- Postdoctoral researcher in Linne FLOW centre, KTH Mechanics (April 2016—March 2018)
- Scientist/Engineer ’SC', Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) (Feb. 2010–Feb. 2011)
- Y. Sudhakar, A. Sommariva, M. Vianello, W.A. Wall, On the use of compressed polyhedral quadrature formulas in embedded interface methods, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing:39 (2017) B571–B587.
- Y. Sudhakar, J.P.M. de Almeida, W.A. Wall, An accurate, robust, and easy-to-implement method for integration over arbitrary polyhedra: Application to embedded interface methods, Journal of Computational Physics:273 (2014) 393–415.
- Y. Sudhakar, S. Vengadesan, Flight force production by flapping insect wings in inclined stroke plane hovering, Computers and Fluids:39 (2010) 683–695.
Recognition and Awards
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie individual fellowship from European commission (April 2016–March 2018)
Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher fellowship awarded by the European Commission (Mar.2011—Dec.2013)
Gold medal of academic excellence for securing first rank in Anna University during Bachelors studies