clint [at] iitgoa.ac.in
F-9, New Academic Block, IIT Goa
Clint P. George
I am an Assistant Professor in the School of Mathematics and Computer Science at IIT Goa. I was previously a postdoc at the Informatics Institute and Department of
Statistics, University of Florida with Dr. George Michailidis. I received Ph.D. and M.S. from the Department of Computer and
Information Science and Engineering, University of Florida. Dr. Joseph
N. Wilson (CS) and Dr. Hani Doss (Stats) were
my Ph.D. advisers. I completed B. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering from the College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram.
I work in the area of machine learning and applied statistics, which includes
- Topic models
- Empirical Bayes methods
- Markov chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) and variational inference methods
- Cancer genomics
During my Ph.D., I collaborated with the UF Data Science
Research Lab, Dr. Daisy Wang (CS), and Dr. Bill Hamilton (Law), for the UF Law
E-Discovery and SurveyMonkey datamining projects.
I code @clintpgeorge (Github).
- Ph.D. University of Florida (2015)
- M.S. University of Florida (2010)
- B. Tech. University of Kerala (2004)
- Assistant Professor, IIT Goa (2018-)
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Informatics Institute and Statistics, University of Florida (2016-2018)
- Research Assistant, Computer and Information Science and Engineering, University of Florida (2010-2015)
- Teaching Assistant, Computer and Information Science and Engineering, University of Florida (Spring 2013)
- Research Intern, Bosch Research Center, Palo Alto, CA, USA (Fall 2012)
- Research Assistant, College of Education, University of Florida (2009)
- Software Developer Intern, Infinite Energy, Gainesville, FL, USA (Summer 2009)
- Assistant Systems Engineer, TATA Consultancy Services, Chennai, India (2006-2008)
- Software Engineer, ENVESTNET, Trivandrum, India (2004-2006)
Google Scholar |
Scopus ID: 37561278500 |
ORCiD ID: 0000-0003-3630-9811 |
- Analyses of Multi-collection Corpora via Compound Topic Modeling. article arXiv code new
- Investigating the Usage Patterns of Algebra Nation Tutoring Platform. article new
- The Impact of an Online Tutoring Program for Algebra Readiness on Mathematics Achievements; Results of a Randomized Experiment. article new
- Principled Selection of Hyperparameters in the Latent Dirichlet Allocation Model. article supplement code
- A Topic-Based Search, Visualization, and Exploration System. article
- Latent Dirichlet Allocation: Hyperparameter Selection and Applications to Electronic Discovery. thesis
- SMART Electronic Legal Discovery via Topic Modeling. article
- A Machine Learning Based Topic Exploration and Categorization on Surveys. article
- Online Topic Modeling for Real-time Twitter Search. article
- Topic Learning and Inference Using Dirichlet Allocation Product Partition Models and Hybrid Metropolis Search. technical report
- Dirichlet Allocation Using Product Partition Models. technical report
- Morpheus: A Deep Web Question Answering System. article
- A Realm based Question Answering System using Probabilistic Modeling. thesis
Open Source Softwares
- Latent Dirichlet Allocation: Markov chain Monte Carlo methods R package
- Latent Dirichlet Allocation: Variational methods R package
Teaching and Talks
- CS 344/386: Artificial Intelligence/Artificial Intelligence Lab (Fall 2019) course page
- CS 360: Introduction to Data Science and Machine Learning (Spring 2019) course page
- CS 664: Convex Optimization (Spring 2019)
- CS 344/386: Artificial Intelligence/Artificial Intelligence Lab (Fall 2018) course page
- CS 101: Computer Programming (Summer 2018). course page
- Exploratory Data Analysis (December 2016). slides Jupyter notebook
- COP 3502: Programming Fundamentals for CIS Majors I (Spring 2013).
Guest Lectures and Seminars
- Introduction to Deep Learning (March 2017). slides R code
- Topic Models for Text Analysis (March 2017). slides
- Exploratory Data Analysis and Hypothesis Testing (October 2015).
- Introduction to Topic Models (October 2014).
- Additive Models and Trees (March 2010). slides
- Latent Dirichlet Allocation: Hyperparameter Selection and Applications to Electronic Discovery (October 2015).
- A Topic-Based Search, Visualization, and Exploration System (May 2015).
- SMART Electronic Legal Discovery via Topic Modeling (May 2014).
- A Machine Learning Based Topic Exploration and Categorization on Surveys (December 2012).